At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 115,000 employees in the BASF Group work on contributing to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into four segments: Chemicals, Performance Products, Functional Materials & Solutions and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of more than €60 billion in 2017. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchanges in Frankfurt (BAS), London (BFA) and Zurich (BAS).
What you can expect:
You will be instrumental in leading and supporting BASF’s aspiration to become agronomic thought leaders in creating solutions for sustainable farming including crop protection, application technology, nutrient, water and plant stress management.
• You will manage the development of the Technical Sales Strategy for BASF Agricultural Solutions which you will implement and develop with nominated distributor principles and key national independent technical influencers.
• In addition, you will use trusted relationships and effective contact management to achieve the relevant business KPIs.
• You will have budget responsibility to develop market focused data for our solutions using your extensive knowledge and expertise of the market and your ability to identify future agronomic trends and ultimately deliver new innovations to the market.
• Beyond that, you will provide technical leadership and produce compelling technical support material in your area of expertise which will be utilised by the Demand Creation Teams and Crop Teams.
• You will proactively respond to seasonal factors and changes in the business environment, by providing technical leadership and advice/material.
What we expect
• Qualified to degree level in Agriculture or related discipline, combined with a IASIS/BASIS qualification, you have several years extensive experience in a customer focused technical sales role.
• You are able to combine comprehensive product and agronomic knowledge with effective influencing of technical principles within distributors and advisory organisations.
• In addition to that, you demonstrate a high level of technical commercial expertise and you have the ability to develop compelling technical sales arguments and support material from complex data sets.
• Beyond that, you will respond proactively to seasonal factors applying a deep and broad knowledge of future technical developments and trends within the agricultural industry. • A valid driving license is required and this role involves some overnight travel.
• This is a home based role in Ireland. In return on offer is a competitive remuneration package that reflects the importance of the position and includes attractive benefits together within excellent career opportunities with a progressive international company.
To discuss the role and your suitability in a confidential manner call our retained consultant Shaun Collingwood on 0044 128475 2945; alternatively, register and apply via the Merston peters website www.merstonpeters.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org